1. Purpose of treating personal information, retention period, and items to be collected
|Purpose of collection and use
||Items to be collected
- To provide customized information;
- To manage website membership, such as maintaining a membership database, member identification, and transmitting announcements; and
- To gauge and improve the effectiveness of the website and services, research reports
Security Question & Answer,
|Affiliation and position
2. Provision of personal information to 3rd
We do not provide personal information to a 3rd
party. If it is to be provided to a third party, the necessary measures will be implemented, including separate consent under Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
3. Commission for personal information
|Name of subcontractor
||Items to be provided
|APEC Climate Center
||All information entered at the time of registration, such as name, email address etc.
||Jan. 1st ~ Dec. 31st, 2018
4. Methods to exercise the rights and responsibilities of the subject of information and legal representatives.
The users, as the subjects of information, can exercise the following rights concerning personal information protection.
(legal representatives for those under 14 years of age)
- Exercise right to access to personal information
- Make corrections or deletion
- Make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information
- Director of processing requests for access to personal information
Director: Kim Eun Mi
Contact address: email@example.com
5. Destruction of personal information
If the retention period has expired or the treating purpose has been achieved, personal information will be deleted immediately, and it is impossible to restore it.
6. Personal information stored and collected automatically
We will automatically collect and store the following information during your visit.
- User’s IP address
- WMO-LRF website connect time
- Visitor log
- OS and web browser used for access to WMO-LRF websites
7. Measures to secure safety of personal information
Personal information is treated safely under Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
8. Director of personal information protection
Name : Kim Dong-Joon
Post : Director of Climate Prediction Division, Korea Meteorological Administration
Affiliation : Climate Prediction Division
Name : Kim Eun Mi
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 02-2181-0486
9. In case of an infringement on rights and interests
① Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee: 1833-6972 (www.kopico.go.kr)
② Privacy Complaint Center: (without area code) 118 (privacy.kisa.or.kr)
③ Cyber Crime Department of the Supreme Prosecutor’s Office: (without area code) 1301 (www.spo.go.kr)
④ Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau: (without area code) 182 (cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
The previous policies can be checked below.